Website ABQ BioPark
Science Education Coordinator (ABQ BioPark/Zoo)
Salary: $43,139.20 – $46,696.00 Annually
Location: Albuquerque, NM
Job Type: Full Time
Department: Arts and Culture
Job Number: 2301068
Closing: 2/3/2023 11:59 PM Mountain
Coordinate, monitor and manage science education programs and volunteers within the BioPark or Library Education section; recruit, train and supervise volunteer staff; and perform a variety of administrative tasks in support of assigned area of responsibility.
Job descriptions are intended to present a general list of tasks/duties performed by employees within this job classification. Job Descriptions are not intended to reflect all duties performed within the job.
Minimum Education, Experience And Additional Requirements
Education and experience directly related to the minimum requirements below may be interchangeable on a year for year basis.
Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in education or STEM related field; and
Three (3) years of informal teaching or educational program/volunteer coordination experience in any of the following or comparable facilities: biological museum, aquarium, nature center, zoo, botanic garden, library or STEM based education program; and
To include one (1) year of supervisory or lead experience.
When Assigned to BioPark:
Experience working in an Association of Zoos and Aquariums (AZA) accredited facility preferred.
Possession of a valid New Mexico Driver’s License, or ability to obtain by date of hire.
Possession of a City Operator’s Permit (COP) within 6 months from date of hire.
May work flexible hours, including evening, weekends, and holidays as required.
- Principles and practices of informal life science and conservation education programming
- Principles and practices of STEM, health, wellness or nutrition education programming
- Principles and practices of volunteer administration, including recruitment and training
- Proficient computer knowledge, including
- Microsoft Office and Outlook
- Principles of time managementPreferred Skills & Abilities
- Establish, coordinate and direct education programs and volunteers
- Recommend and implement goals and objectives for providing scientifically-based programs and volunteer services
- Elicit community and organizational support of education programs and volunteers
- Promote science educational programs
- Allocate limited resources, including volunteers, in an effective manner
- Communicate clearly and concisely
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with those contacted in the course of work
- Perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation
City of Albuquerque
400 Marquette N.W.
Albuquerque, New Mexico, 87103
Phone: 505 768-3700
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org