Website ABQ BioPark/NM BioPark Society
ABQ BioPark Education Department manages a team of volunteers that includes docents, ambassadors, aquarium touchpool, horticulture and garden railroad volunteers, episodic volunteer groups, teen nature guides and teen conservation camp counselors. The ABQ BioPark and the NM BioPark Society are seeking an individual for the Volunteer Coordinator position to manage, train, organize and recognize these volunteers. This position is staffed through the New Mexico BioPark Society and located at the ABQ BioPark Zoo. The position will report to the BioPark Education Curator with oversight by the NM BioPark Society. Oversight will include regular meetings and annual reviews with the NM BioPark Society.
Preferred Skills and Qualifications:
The NM BioPark Society is seeking a dynamic, creative, and motivated individual who is able to manage volunteers in a professional setting and work well as a team player. Two or more years of directly related experience in the volunteer management is a plus.
Individual selected must pass a security background check.
Tasks the BioPark Volunteer Coordinator performs include:
- Manage, maintain and/or implement programs related to volunteer management, recruitment, recognition and continuing education.
- Recruit, interview and onboard new volunteers including: docents, ambassadors, aquarium touchpool, horticulture and garden railroad volunteers, episodic volunteer groups, teen volunteers and special events volunteers.
- Maintain clear communication with volunteers including but not limited to regular meetings, newsletters, emails and volunteer website.
- Recruitment of teen volunteers for year-round, summer or episodic volunteer opportunities, includes development of opportunities for volunteering, continuing education, and special projects.
- Develop partnerships with community groups to expand episodic and seasonal volunteer opportunities.
- Help BioPark Education staff facilitate BioPark volunteer trainings and maintain programs throughout the year.
- Work with BioPark Education and NM BioPark Society staff to determine and fill on-grounds volunteer needs.
- Work with Education Administrative Specialist to help maintain volunteer database and records.
- Work with BioPark Education and NM BioPark Society to develop new and enhance existing onsite and online resources centered on recruiting and training volunteers at the ABQ BioPark.
- Support BioPark Education and NM BioPark Society at special events, as needed.
- Guide and support volunteers and their efforts on behalf of the BioPark, including identifying appropriate roles, assisting with administrative issues, and working with Education Coordinators on biological content.
- Other duties as assigned.
Monday-Friday, 8a.m.-5p.m., with one-hour lunch; at least 1-2 weekends and evenings per month are required based on programming; 40 hours per week. When scheduled to work outside of normal hours, schedule can be adjusted in the same weekly pay period with supervisor approval.
$42,000 per year. This full-time, benefitted position is hired through BioPark Society.
Please use the link on bioparksociety.org to apply. Interested applicants must submit a cover letter and resume. Candidates who do not meet the minimum requirements will not be considered for the position. No phone calls, please. NMBPS is an equal opportunity employer. Position is open until December 23.
To apply for this job please visit www.bioparksociety.org.