To support the implementation of Every Kid, Every Day, Every Way: A multi-year shared vision and strategy to provide daily equitable access to the outdoors and environmental learning for all New Mexico kids, Environmental Education of New Mexico (EENM) and the EENM Fellows are hosting monthly gatherings, which began in March 2021.
Monthly gatherings are open to anyone interested in supporting Every Kid, Every Day, Every Way the second Thursday of every month from 4:00-5:30 p.m. To stay up to date, please join our free list serve and follow us on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram. In the meantime, please save the dates:
- November 11, 2021 from 4-5:30 p.m. – Requirements for in-service and pre-service teachers – save your virtual seat by clicking here.
- December 9, 2021 from 4-5:30 p.m. – Connecting land knowledge with outdoor classrooms
- March 11, 2021 from 4-5:30 p.m. – Launch of Every Kid, Every Day, Every Way
- April 8, 2021 from 4-5:30 p.m. – Growing Relationships
- May 13, 2021 from 4-5:30 p.m. – Outdoor Classrooms (Part 1) – jamboards
- June 10, 2021 from 4-5:30 p.m. – Outdoor Classrooms (Part 2) – jamboards
- In order to convene the 2021 EENM Fellows, we took a break in July and August
- September 9, 2021 from 4-5:30 p.m. – Outdoor Learning Week and Outdoor Learning Interagency Task Force
- October 14, 2021 from 4-5:30 p.m. – Outdoor classrooms case studies and exploring a pilot project for outdoor learning coordinators – jamboards
Environmental Education of New Mexico (EENM) is committed to providing authentically inclusive events to allow for dialogue, relationship building, and the representation of diversity of perspective and thought. We utilize a Radical Inclusion approach and our gatherings are open to educators, teachers, youth, youth program providers, and interested community members representing interconnected interests like outdoor recreation, education, conservation, and environmental justice. EENM values the abundance of valuable experience, expertise, knowledge, and wisdom of New Mexicans and endeavors to center this in all of our events.
Our events are currently held virtually (via Zoom) and are hands-on, experiential sessions, where participants are actively engaged in conversations and break-out sessions. We will not be recording these sessions for later viewing.