Website City of Albuquerque Open Space Division
These staff positions are with tryfacta (a contract employment agency) and are not City of Albuquerque employment.
Albuquerque is a multi-cultural community including but not limited to, Hispanic/LatinX, Muslim, Asian- American, Native American/Indigenous, and Black/African-American peoples. We strongly encourage underrepresented groups in the career field of parks and outdoor education to apply.
We seek a candidate with a commitment to diversity, equity, inclusion, and student success, with experience working with broadly diverse communities. Applicants who can also speak Spanish, Diné, Chinese Mandarin, Swahili, Vietnamese, Arabic, Dari, or Pashto are especially encouraged to apply.
- Attend Open Space Education Program and Division trainings.
- Work as part of a team to implement various community events on public lands and public facilities.
- Prepare, organize, and re-inventory education materials and supplies.
- Work to ensure a safe and student-centered learning environment.
- Communicate effectively with co-workers, program participants, and the general public.
- Team-teach programs including, but not limited to:
- Explorer Camps for youth ages 6-10 with Outdoor Educator
- Outdoor Field School for youth ages 10-14 with Outdoor Educator
- Farm in Your Neighborhood for youth ages 10-14 with Rio Grande Community Farm Educator
- Solo-Teach programs including, but not limited to:Discovery
- Days for youth ages 3-5
- Nature if Your Neighborhood for youth ages 6-9 with recreation leader present
- Open Space school group programming with classroom teacher present
- Family Nature Club for all ages
- Intro to the Outdoors for adults
Knowledge and Skills:
- Two years of college coursework
- Three years of outdoor recreation, education, school or community program experience
- Related education and experience may be interchangeable on a year-for-year basis
- Passion for the outdoors
- Ability to lift up to 35 pounds, work outdoors in various weather, and hike up to 2.5 miles a day
Requirements for Employment:
- Pass a background check, drug test, and possess a valid driver’s license with clean driving record.
- Must have or be willing to obtain a New Mexico Driver’s License and City Operator’s Permit (COP) to be able to drive a City vehicle for program work.
Office location: Open Space Visitor Center, 6500 Coors NW, Albuquerque, NM 87120
Work location: Various public lands, schools, and community centers throughout Albuquerque
Pay rate: $17.55 per hour, 40 hours a week, paid City Holidays, sick leave accrual through tryfacta
Application deadline: open until filled
To apply, email resume and three references to:
Ellie Althoff, Open Space Education Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org
Questions: Email Ellie or call (505) 768-4959
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com