Website City of Albuquerque Open Space Division
Plan, oversee, coordinate and participate in City sponsored programs and projects related to local agriculture, community gardens, food forests, wildlife habitat on agricultural properties and other related projects; coordinate assigned activities with other divisions, outside agencies and the general public and perform the more technical and complex tasks relative to assigned area of responsibility.
Job descriptions are intended to present a general list of tasks/duties performed by employees within this job classification. Job Descriptions are not intended to reflect all duties performed within the job.
Minimum Education, Experience And Additional Requirements
Education and experience directly related to the minimum requirements below may be interchangeable on a year for year basis.
Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in natural science, natural resource management, agriculture, agronomy, food systems, sustainability, or urban planning; and
Three (3) years of agriculture experience in program or project management.
Possession of a valid Driver’s License or the ability to obtain by date of hire.
Possession of a City Operator’s Permit (COP) within 6 months from date of hire.
- Operations and activities of sustainable and regenerative agriculture, organic farming and agriculture
- Principles and practices of farm and garden management
- Principles and practices of agricultural and local food systems
- Principles and practices of innovative agriculture technology and regenerative agricultural
- Methods and techniques of fundraising for agriculture-related programs
- Principles of financial management
- Knowledge of educational programs and resources
- Pertinent Federal, State and local laws, codes and regulations
Preferred Skills & Abilities
- Oversee and facilitate local agriculture and sustainable food systems
- Coordinate assigned activities with other divisions, departments, agencies and organizations
- Recommend and implement goals and objectives for providing agricultural programs and services
- Research, analyze and evaluate new service delivery methods and techniques
- Communicate clearly and concisely
- Perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with those contacted in the course of work including City officials and the general public
To apply for this job please visit www.governmentjobs.com.