Website ForestServiceSW USDA Forest Service and Environment for the Americas
"Caring for the land and serving people."
Start Date: June 12, 2023
End Date: February 12, 2024
Compensation: $650 per week + $1000 monthly for housing
Medical Insurance Included
Direct hire eligibility with the Forest Service after successful completion.
For priority consideration, apply by March 24, 2023
The Conservation Education Resource Assistant will work with the USDA Forest Service’s Southwestern Regional Office of Communication & Engagement and partners to advance outdoor and environmental learning opportunities in the Southwest, primarily for youth. A few of the projects may include creating the Forest Service display and coordinating a booth at the popular New Mexico State Fair, supporting a K-12 fire ecology curriculum for the Southwest, and developing materials like education trunks and activity sheets.
We are looking for someone who is:
* A team player to work with the Regional Cooperative Education Coordinator, Youth Engagement Specialist, and other members of the Southwestern Region’s Communication & Engagement team to support educational programs and partnerships that connect people to the outdoors and the benefits of nature.
* A communicator and creator to publicly promote the Conservation Education program by working with communication staff to produce communication and educational materials, briefing papers, web and social media content, and other information products.
* An educator to interact with the public and represent the Forest Service at meetings, special events and youth programs.
* A connector to communicate with staff at a variety of environmental and outdoor education organizations across the Southwestern Region, orally and in writing.
* A contributor to help with other duties as assigned.
This job will be primarily conducted in an office setting. There may be occasional opportunities to attend meetings with partner organizations, visit national forests and grasslands in the region, present environmental education programs, and work outdoors.
Apply through Environment for the Americas at: https://environmentamericas.freshteam.com/jobs/LkX3RZDxRrAL/conservation-education-resource-assistant-hybrid-remote-remote
For questions about the position, please contact Apple Snider (firstname.lastname@example.org, 505-235-6245). Thank you!
To apply for this job please visit environmentamericas.freshteam.com.