We are no longer accepting applications for this position.
EENM seeks Communications and Development Manager
Environmental Education of New Mexico (EENM) is seeking a Communications and Development Manager who is self-directed with a passion for outdoor and environmental learning, equitable access to the outdoors, and nonprofit work who wants to become part of an innovative, community-centered organization.
Our ideal candidate will be motivated to grow with the organization with flexibility, autonomy, and the ability to manage multiple projects. The Communications and Development Manager will work 30 hours per week, remotely based anywhere in New Mexico and report to the EENM’s Executive Director.
- Maintain up-to-date and accurate information for the EENM listserv and website
- Create content for and maintain social media accounts, and promotional materials as necessary
- Support EENM Leadership Team in drafting talking points, press releases, and communications strategies for events
- Represent EENM at events and meetings as spokesperson for EENM
- Support EENM members and donors through membership renewal reminder emails, cultivating new members, writing and ensuring timely delivery of thank-you letters, and pursuing opportunities to increase membership and donors
- Represent EENM within the environmental education community and in the greater community through meetings, partnerships, collaborations, networking and outreach
- Participate in gaining support for environmental education in NM from individuals, partners, corporations, organizations, foundations and government entities
- Demonstrate a commitment to working with individuals and groups from diverse backgrounds and experiences
- Work with EENM Leadership Team, including the Board of Directors, to support fundraising strategies and events using communications strategies
- Maintain and expand membership and donor development
- Maintain donor database in Little Green Light
- Support grant writing and reporting
- Ensure adherence to EENM’s legal obligations and reporting requirements for development, maintain currency of state and federal registrations
Skills and Qualifications
- Self-motivated and able to work independently
- Strong communication, relationship, and networking skills: excellent writing, speaking and information sharing skills, with an ability to work effectively with diverse groups of people
- Skills in creating content (graphics, writing, etc.) and maintaining social media (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram)
- Experience in Microsoft programs including Word, Excel, and Powerpoint
- Experience in WordPress and Little Green Light is preferred
- Excellent analytical, spelling, typing, grammar and organizational skills along with strong attention to detail
- Experience in a non-profit organization
- Work experience in relevant fields including nonprofit management, outdoor education, or natural resource-related fields
Salary: $22/hour starting at 30 hours/week with the opportunity to increase hours based on sufficient funding
Benefits: Paid Vacation, Sick Leave and most Federal Holidays
Potential candidates should email the following to email@example.com:
- Resumé or Vitae
- Cover letter describing how experience and talents qualify candidate for this position as outlined in the qualifications
Please include the names, addresses, and telephone numbers of three (3) current professional references
Monday, May 3, 2021
Through implementing an advocacy-focused movement and advancing collaboration and leadership, EENM will ensure every NM child has equitable access to environmental and outdoor learning.
We focus our efforts in four priority areas:
- Professional development
The center of EENM’s work is Every Kid, Every Day, Every Way: A multi-year shared vision and strategy to provide daily equitable access to the outdoors and environmental learning for all New Mexico kids. This shared vision and strategy, the first of its kind in the country, was developed from three years of community dialogues with over 200 individuals representing 90 organizations and with the support of our 17 EENM Fellows.
Within the leadership of our organization (Staff and Board of Directors) and our community, every voice is valued and respected. We celebrate differences. We support everyone to bring their whole selves and cultivate inclusive spaces for personal growth and lifelong learning.
This allows us to:
- take risks and innovate
- strategize and be intentional
- make fact-based and informed decisions
- be collaborative and impact-oriented
Our work embraces meaningful change while honoring diverse cultures and remembering the histories of New Mexico. This will allow all of us to thrive in our ever-changing world while protecting our environment.